What is Reach Out?
Reach Out is a bilingual 24/7 information, support and crisis service for people with mental health or addiction concerns living in Elgin, Oxford, Middlesex or London. It is a free public service, run by trusted local community mental health and addiction organizations, that quickly provides you with the help that you need.
Why connect with Reach Out?
There are many reasons why you might call Reach Out. Some of these reasons may be:
- Crisis intervention including access to a crisis response team
- Emotional trauma, distress or relapse
- Thoughts of suicide or harming self or others
- Access to community supports and addiction treatment
- Substance use, gaming, Internet disorder and problem gambling
- General information about mental health and addictions
- All calls are answered by trained mental health and addiction workers, backed by a database of local and provincial service information.
You can expect a supportive, caring professional who is very knowledgeable about mental health and addictions concerns to answer the phone. With a single phone call, you can receive crisis support, a supportive listener, information and education, or access to a mental health or addictions professional.